There is a new rumor doing the rounds about an alleged price drop the PSP Go starting this Friday. This hasn’t been confirmed yet but all signs point towards this being highly likely.
One of the biggest criticisms regarding the PSP Go is its high price tag. It looks like Sony is willing to escalate a price drop earlier than usual due to low demand.
According to reports via Joystiq, someone from the retail side of things sent a snapshot of a memo indicating a $50 price drop to the device. According to the memo the final retail price starting this Friday will be $199.
CEO of Enterbrain recently predicted that this will be PSP’s most successful year with the number of high profile titles out. He highlighted Monster Hunter Freedom as a dream come true with over five million units sold.
Other upcoming titles:
- The 3rd Birthday – 2010
- Resident Evil Portable – 2010 (TBD)
- God of War: Ghost of Sparta – 2010
- Patapon 3 – 2010
- Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon: Predator – 2010
- White Knight Chronicles: Dogma Wars – Q1 2011
- Lord of Arcana – Q1 2011
- Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology 3 – Q1 2011
- God Eater Burst – Q1 2011